I did the wee activity from week 2 and came up with the following. I think there are way too many interesting and useful guidelines to think about!!!!
TD1 Is the use of e-learning the best way to achieve the intended learning outcomes?
Why important?
There are some learning situations where e-learning is not the best medium for learning. The goal of education is to create a quality and effective learning experience for students and therefore it is important to determine if e-learning is in fact the most appropriate vehicle for learning.
How this can be applied in my workplace?
Before developing a programme or learning resources I need to evaluate what learning medium will best achieve the learning outcomes. I should develop a checklist with a set of criteria for determining whether e-learning is appropriate. This would investigate delivery options, technological aspects, course outcomes, student characteristics and any other situational factors.
TT2 Does course assessment relate to intended learning outcomes and to student learning needs and situations?
Why important?
It is fair for students to expect that they will be assessed against described learning outcomes. Students will not perform well when assessments do not relate to described learning outcomes or meet student learning needs and situations.
How this can be applied in my workplace?
When assessments and course material is being developed, incorporate a these aspects into a checklist for evaluating that the materials developed will meet the requirements of the programme and students.
TT6 Are online activities available that will enable students to assess their learning?
Why important?
Providing online activities that help students to determine how their learning is progressing are especially important in an elearning context where face to face feedback is not received.
How this can be applied in my workplace?
Again – I could incorporate this into a checklist of critieria for evaluating material that I have developed.
TT3 Is there evidence of timely, accurate and well targeted feedback to students?
Why important?
Students like to know how they are progressing. It is important for student success and learning that they determine how they are progressing.
How this can be applied in my workplace?
Check that feedback points are incorporated into courses that I write and that these are timely and well targeted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment